- Obesity is up from 28% to 36%
- Smoking is about the same
- Moderate drinking went from 40% to 51%
- Those that eat the proper amount of fruits/veggies dropped from 42% to 26%
- The number of people who get NO physical activity doubled
What amazes me is that at the same time more Americans complain that they want free healthcare they are taking care of themselves less and less. Where is the personal accountability or responsibility of the individual? I can't tell you how often I have to say the following during my office visits:
"Ask not what your doctor can do for you, ask what you can do for yourself."