Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Walmart Drugs


Humana has teamed up with Walmart to create a Medicare drug plan that is about half the cost of other plans. For about $14.80 a month, the savings is more than $450 a year for the typical Medicare recipient. There are complaints, however, that the price goes up if you choose to not buy your meds at Walmart. Duh! All I can say is that there is a freakin' Walmart everywhere so there is no excuse if grandma decides to get their plan and go to CVS. Once again, Walmart is on top of their game with this one. Love them or hate them, they could really bring down the cost of this behemoth Medicare D travesty. Now repeat the next line and use the best hick or redneck or townie voice you can muster:


"If it ain't in Walmart, you don't need it!"

8 comments:

Pat said...

Once again for all you bleeding hearts out there, it is the free market and not government compassion that results in an improved standard of living.

Jimmy said...

Heard this on the radio the other day...USPS to be bankrupt in 2012
NOW, what was said after blew me away...USPS is the second largest employer in the US NEXT TO WAL-MART!?

Anonymous said...

Where I live on the central coast of CA there are at least 8 pharmacies closer than Walmart.

I use an old fashion pharmacy where I know the pharmacist, make free appointments with him to go over all my meds, And he has caught problems that my regular Doc's have missed. He goes over the usage of a new medicine if I have to take one. They call me by name and ask about my wife and dog.

And you want me to go to walmart?

And how do you think they get those low prices, low wages, buying in bulk, and not paying personal attention to each patient.

Anonymous said...

What's WalMart? I thought it was Wal-Mark, at least per all my patients.

Pat said...

To the (first) Anonymous - I don't care where you go for your meds, if you are the one paying for them. IF your're on Medicare Part D, meaning I'm helping to pay for your pills, then cost makes a difference to me.

Susan said...

In our city, there are no Wal-Marts within city limits, only out in the car-dependent suburbs. So...older or disabled adults who live in the inner core because they cannot drive... CANNOT "just go to Wal-Mart."

Anonymous said...

Again, the republicans miss the point, and that is that Walmart does not pay their workers enough so that they can afford healthcare. And guess what, it is the government [uh that's you and me] who winds up paying for their health care. Ain't the free market woonderful?
Second, all these cheap generic drugs come from outside of our country and are of very poor quality whether they come from Walmart or Walgreens or wherever. Most of the very smart doctors and other providers don't know about this because they are republicans and only listen to Rush.

Pat said...

And the GOP deserves full credit for the Medicare part D mess.