- Increase in the number of tests and procedures being performed
- Doctors owning their own testing machines (GI docs owning CT scanners, oncologists own radiation machines, etc)
- More diagnostic machines in the area
- New surgical suites in the area
- Increase in the number of patients being seen
- More aggressive treatment earlier on in disease stages
- Treatments being performed more frequently
No one seems to have an answer and everyone is puzzled by the fact that we are a country that is getting older, likes new technology and the combination of the two costs more and more.