We have been collecting some of the top ways patients can really tick off their doctors and we have 25 really good ones for the next issue. I figured it would only be fair to return the favor. Many of the readers of the Placebo Journal print and online derivatives are not doctors. The ones who are physicians or who are in the medical field have still been patients themselves at one time in their lives. This means all of you must have something to share. Email me or place a comment here with some of the ways doctors piss off patients. Here are few I thought of:
1. Shows up late and then he constantly looks at his watch during the interview.
2. Forgets to brush his teeth which is much more noticeable during the fundoscopic exam.
3. Doesn't remember you or your problems though you have been seeing her for the past ten years and just came in last week.
4. He talks to you like a three-year old and then gets mad when you ask an intelligent question.
5. Talks negatively about you to the nurse right outside the exam room door and then walks in with a big smile like she is so happy to see you.